Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Confessions of a PD Wife, Part 2

1. I'm really getting worried about Keith's memory, because it seems to be getting worse.

2. Sometimes I set Keith up with situations that require him to remember something just to see if he can actually remember it.

3. I'm beginning to feel that Keith is becoming more selfish with his free time, because he has PD.

4. I feel guilty for thinking Keith uses PD as an excuse to use his free time on his hobbies rather than with his family.

5. I feel guilty for being jealous of Keith's free time.

6. I feel stupid for blogging about how much improvement Keith has made regarding physical activity when he hasn't done one damn thing to improve it.

7. Sometimes I feel I'm the only one in this house who cares that Keith has PD.

8. I resent the fact that I'm the only one trying to get everyone else to eat healthy and exercise when I'm the healthiest one in our family.

9. I don't like knowing that one day I will be in charge of all the vehicles and the maintenance they require.

10. I worry about being in charge of the vehicles because I hate doing anything with a car and I know virtually nothing about them.

11. I don't want to have to learn to mow the grass with the riding mower.

12. I worry that someone will see me mowing incorrectly and think I'm an idiot who doesn't even know how to mow her own lawn.

13. I'm uncomfortable with the fact that we don't have long-term care insurance.

14. It really bothers me that Keith feels long-term care insurance is a waste of money.

15. Sometimes I think Keith puts too much effort into stupid crap like his race car and not enough effort into things that could help him feel better, like exercising or quitting the cigarettes.

No comments: