Monday, June 23, 2008

Ride Against Parkinson's Disease

This Thursday Keith and I will be attending the Ride Against Parkinson's Disease at the Chickahominy YMCA near Richmond. Carsten Bosemann (you can find his site here) is riding across the country on his motorcycle to raise money and awarness for PD. He is heading to Washington D.C. after his stop at the YMCA. Motorcyclists are invited to join Carsten in his ride to D.C.

The Chickahominy YMCA in hosting an open house with all the donations going to the APDA and the MJ Fox Foundation. While there we will be able to participate in a PD exercise group, or try out the other cardio equipment, talk to others with YOPD and meet representatives from the Richmond Chapter APDA and YMCA. Keith and I are going to wear our "Shaky" and "I'm With Shaky" matching shirts and Rielly-Anne will have her "My Daddy Has Parkinson's" shirt. I can't wait! I'll post pics and how it all goes afterwards.

No comments: