Sunday, February 24, 2008

Why Cloth Diapers Rock My World!

Okay, I know this has absolutely nothing to do with PD, but I just couldn't resist. Anyone who knows me and Keith knows that we are "attached" parents. Yes, we (especially me) are the breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, crunchy - soul - to - the - earth parents most main -streamers snicker about. And yeah, we use cloth diapers.

Now, I won't bore you with all the details about why baby bum fluff is environmental, economical and just so darn cute. But I will say this - because of cloth diapers our 14 month old is well on her way to being completely potty trained!

Yep, you heard me. At almost 15 months old, Rielly-Anne has (on her own, without any urging from me whatsoever!!!) the ability to come and tell me when she has to go potty, then sit on the potty chair and do her business. Because cloth does not pull the moisture away from the skin and lock it into a chemical, gelatin mess deep in the diaper like disposables do, she can tell when she's gone, and she wants that diaper off. She has made the connection that peeing equals feeling wet. So here we go!! YAY!!!!!

No comments: