Sunday, February 24, 2008

Confessions of a PD Wife

1. Sometimes I get impatient with Keith because he doesn't move as fast as I want him to.

2. It is getting more difficult to hide just how impatient I actually get.

3. I worry that I won't have the strength to deal with PD in the years to come.

4. I worry that I will crack under the pressure of trying to take care of Keith and the kids.

5. I worry that I won't have a job that pays enough money or has good enough insurance to take care of Keith.

6. I worry that I am not concerned enough about money and insurance.

7. I get pissed off when other people treat us like having PD is no big deal.

8. I get pissed off when other people treat us like having PD is ruining our lives.

9. I get pissed off when certain family members and friends tell us that having children is a huge mistake.

10. I get pissed off when people assume that because I am younger and healthier I am going to skip-out on my husband when it starts to get bad.

11. Sometimes I feel sorry for myself.

12. Sometimes I feel sorry for the children.

13. I always feel sorry for Keith even though I don't show it.

14. I hate having to add "well, except for Keith having PD" every time I tell someone how happy I am and that I wouldn't change a single thing about my life.

15. I feel a huge amount of guilt over having wanted Keith to have his vasectomy reversed because that is when his symptoms became worse.

16. I am afraid that Keith won't be able to take care of the kids if something happens to me.

17. I am afraid there won't be anyone to take care of Keith if something happens to me.

18. I am very insecure about the way others view me as Keith's wife.

19. I am apprehensive about how our family and friends will react to the way I take care of Keith.

20. I really want more kids even though Keith has PD.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Amen to that. I can't say that I know how you feel, because I don't. I'm not married to someone with PD - I am someone with PD (young onset)and I watch everyday as my own beautiful wife struggles with the same issues you just mentioned. It tears me apart more than having this wretched disease.

Good luck, and God Bless

keepthefaith1296 said...

I can't believe how close to home your post hit with me and my wife. We have most of those same feelings. I am sure that most couples with kids have them too! Thanks for the post. I really needed to see it. I will share with my wife. I am sure she will get a lot out of it as well. Keep the Faith and have a blessed week.

Darien