Sunday, March 9, 2008

Why Nestle?

I have a long standing hostility towards the Nestle Company for their blatant violations of the World Health Organization's "Code." I don't buy Nestle products and to the best of my knowledge I don't support/use/visit any Nestle Company/Nestle Foundation facilities or products. But it seems I now have one more PD related issue to be conflicted about.

The Nestle Foundation, which was established in 1966 by a huge donation from the Nestle Company, is a big supporter of Parkinson's research, and has given thousands of dollars in grants to various PD related causes, such as funding to find a cure.

So as much as I hate Nestle and will continue to boycott them, I've gotta say they've done some remarkable things for PWP. I can't deny the fact that they played a huge role (monetarily) in the breakthrough finding of the cause of Parkinson's. Still, the conflicted selfish part of me wonders why they can't just stick to candy and (gasp!) formula.

No comments: