Tuesday, March 4, 2008

AdSense

I know all you fellow bloggers have seen it - "earn money with your blog! Sign up for AdSense!"
Okay, I just did.
I've been going back and forth on this one for quite some time. I have been feeling a little like I'd be cashing in on my husbands illness. But then I got to thinking about exactly what I would do with the money. Easy - I'd put it into a separate savings account to be used for Keith's medical bills.
I certainly don't expect to be able to make a living off AdSense. And I certainly don't expect to get more than a few dollars a month, if that. But if years down the road I am really strapped for cash and Keith needs his meds, or the power bill needs to be paid, I hope I can draw from this account and pay what needs paying. I am a firm believer in "every cent counts" and I currently have several other projects in the making (I'll blog about those at another time) that will, hopefully, bring in some revenue, all of which will be set aside for Keith.
So I've submitted a request for ads to be placed on this blog. I guess I'll know in a few days if I've been accepted or not.

No comments: